Biometric Residence Card Help

You are here:

Where is my BRP card?

Cards take approximately 7-10 business days to arrive and normally come from a courier called DX. The driver licencing agency (DVLA) is the organisation that prints them for the Home Office. If you have not received your card yet you need to contact the Home Office on the email address provided on your approval letter.

I’ve lost my biometric card – What can I do?

If you have lost your card you need to follow the instructions set out by the Home Office on this link

I need to travel and don’t have a BRP card. I only have an ILR stamp in my passport. What can I do? 

You need to make an NTL application to have your stamp transferred to a Biometric Card. This can be processed also at the premium service centre for an additional £590 and approved in 1 day which is useful if you have travel plans.

Can I enter the UK without a BRP card?

This depends and is ultimately up to the Entry Clearance Officer at immigration. If you produce a visa approval letter, documents showing your residence in the UK and a photocopy of your BRP card then there is a good chance of being permitted entry, but don’t expect it to be easy. There is nothing we can do to assist in this matter and it is something you should contact the Home Office regarding.

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 26
WM Immigration are UK Immigration Lawyers - Get in Touch if you are seeking assistance in making an application

UK Immigration Lawyers - Contact Us

  • Please select the most relevant inquiry type
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.