Tier 4 Visa – Students

To study at University or College in the UK you will need a Tier 4 visa. To apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa you will need to be accepted into a course of study, show you can pay tuition fees and living expenses. You may have many questions about your student visa application for the UK. You can read through our website then contact us for further guidance if required.

If you are unsure or need help with your Tier 4 Visa application, contact our office and we can provide you with professional immigration advice and assistance. We offer a Same Day Visa service if you are in the UK and want to Fast Track you Visa quickly and obtain your visa in one day. You may only be considering attending a UK University in which care you require a prospective student visa where you can check out the University and if you like it and they accept you then you can continue into a Tier 4 General visa.

What do you need to apply for a Tier 4 Visa?

You need 40 points to be able to apply for a Tier 4 Student visa. You will need to provide the evidence needed with your visa application form.

 You will receive 30 points if you have:

A confirmation of acceptance for studies reference number issued by your approved education provider and the documents used to obtain it.

You will receive 10 points if you have:

Bank statements or letters confirming that you have enough funds to cover your tuition fees and living costs for a given period. You must be able to prove that the money has been available in your account for 28 days before the date you make your application.

If you are currently studying or have recently finished studying in the UK 

If you are extending your student visa then you have to consider the changes to your visa requirements. Your money requirement will be lower if you completed a course of study in the UK that was at least six months long in the past four months, or if you have completed at least six months of a course which you are currently studying here. You must be or have been in one of the following immigration categories:

  • Tier 4 (Child) student
  • Tier 4 (General) student
  • postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
  • student nurse
  • student re-sitting an examination
  • student writing up a thesis
  • student union sabbatical officer

Working while you are in the UK on a Tier 4 Visa

During your stay, you will be allowed to:
  • work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during term-time;
  • work full-time during vacations;
  • do a work placement as part of your course;
  • work as a postgraduate doctor or dentist (if your course of study is a recognised Foundation Programme); and
  • be a student union sabbatical officer for up to two years.
Find out if you qualify for a Tier 4 Visa by taking our free eligibility assessment

Free Visa Assessment