How to Apply for British CitizenshipFind out what is required to apply for Naturalisation
There are many steps involved in learning how to apply for British citizenship. Here WM Immigration will give you an overview to let you know what is involved in the British Citizenship application process. Every applicant’s circumstances will vary and be different so it is always best to seek professional advice if you are unsure to help you avoid any costly mistakes. It is important to ensure you meet the Home Office Good character requirements as any past history of crime including driving offences may cause a rejection.
Five important steps in how to apply for British Citizenship
- Ensure you use the correct form. There are different forms, but these are usually AN for adults and MN1 for children. Make sure you are using the most up to date form as they are changed regularly
- If you have travelled outside the UK for more than 450 days in the past 5 years you are usually ineligible to apply.
- If you have travelled outside the UK for more than 90 days in total over the past 12 months you are not eligible to apply for British citizenship.
- It is important to get the correct referee to sign your form. When people ask us how to apply for British citizenship we find that this is one area they are unsure about. Generally anyone with a degree or working as a professional such as a doctor, accountant or manager is suitable. For children the rules are more lenient due to their circumstances.
- Send the correct fee. If you send the wrong fee because you looked at the wrong category or reviewed last years fees instead of this years fees then your application can be returned.
We provide a comprehensive Document Check for your British Citizenship Application to ensure you meet all the strict Home Office requirements
These steps are meant as a guide and are not always applicable. If you find you are unsure about any stage or need and want to know how to apply for British Citizenship then send us an email to get the professional help you deserve
Free Eligibility Assessment
We strongly encourage you to seek Immigration advice before submitting your application. Find out how we can help – Response within 24 hrs
Immigration Advice You Can Trust