Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Tier 4

A Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS) is a ‘virtual document provided by the Education establishment such as a university

Your education provider known as your Tier 4 sponsor will assign a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies to you when they give you an unconditional offer of a place on a course. When you obtain your CAS number you should contact us for assistance with your Tier 4 Visa application to ensure your student visa application under Tier 4 is applied for correctly as if your visa is rejected you may not be able to migrate to the UK to study

Each Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies has a unique reference number, and contains information about the course of study and the student’s personal details.

Your education provider will provide you with a CAS reference number. To apply for a Tier 4 Visa your sponsor will also need to give you some of the information they used (such as the course details, the documents they used to assess your suitability, and the course fees) when they assigned the CAS to you. You will need this information when you apply for your Tier 4 Student Visa.

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies is valid if it:

  • contains the same details as are in your passport
  • was assigned no more than 6 months before the date when you apply to us
  • has not been withdrawn or cancelled by your education provider or by us

If you do not use your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies to apply to us during the 6 months after it is assigned to you, it will expire and you will need to get a new CAS from your education provider. If you apply to with an expired  Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies your Tier 4 Visa will be refused.

You cannot use a CAS more than once. If  your application is refused, and you want to apply again, your education provider will need to assign you another.

The Home Office or your education provider can withdraw or cancel a CAS at any time. You cannot use a withdrawn or cancelled CAS in an application to to for a Visa.

If you need advice or help getting your tier 4 Student Visa through our same day visa service then contact us for further information

Tier 4 Student Visa