New EEA Permanent Residence Online FormStraight forward applications can now use the quicker online form
What is the new online form for EEA PR?
The Home Office are on a drive to change over as many of the paper application forms to online forms such as seen with the new EEA PR form. Their aim is to have all application forms completed online prior to sending your permanent residence documents. The EEA PR form is only in beta at the moment and not suitable for everyone to use. The fact the Home Office rolled this form out in the middle of a major surge of EEA applications, is a sign that they are trying to become more efficient. Since the Brexit referendum, there has been a huge increase in EEA PR and other associated EEA applications and it can be expected the Home Office are feeling the brunt of the Brexit problems.
Who is the new EEA PR online form for?
Firstly, the form is for an EEA national who has exercised treaty rights in the UK for at least 5 years and wants to obtain a document to certify EEA Permanent Residence. Only those applying by themselves with no family members and a straight forward salary type income can apply. This means that is you are a student or self-sufficient you can’t use this form and must rely on the traditional paper version of the EEA PR form. Also, those who are relying on family members for income purposes will not be able to use this form to apply for permanent residence. An example of someone who can’t use the form would be the following:
- A spouse or unmarried partner who has been unemployed, but resident in the UK for 5 years and their EEA partner has been exercising treaty rights – You will need to use the paper form
- A child or adult student who is dependent on a parent who has been exercising treaty rights for the 5 years
- A parent or other extended family member who has been reliant on that family member to provide for them financially
How does it work when I use the new EEA PR online form?
There are several steps in the process, but here is a sample of steps in how the new online form process works.
- You will need your documents and paperwork ready in advance
- You will fill out the form and follow the questions, ensuring to provide the correct details
- Once you come to the end of the form you will submit and then make payment to the Home Office for £65
- You will then print the form and include it with your documents and send it to the Home Office for assessment
What are the advantages of using an online application form instead of a paper form?
As this is only a new form and still in beta/trial it is hard to know what will happen long term. It can be at least assumed the following would happen.
Free Eligibility Assessment
We strongly encourage you to seek Immigration advice before submitting your application. Find out how we can help – Response within 24 hrs
Immigration Advice You Can Trust
Need Help To Get Your EEA PR Application?
How We Can Help?
Here at WM Immigration we have experience in dealing with many different Immigration applications. Our expertise and professionalism will ensure you are given the correct immigration advice. We understand the stress of making your visa application and will endeavour to give you the best chance possible of success. Our company has an established reputation and will provide advice regarding of your location.
Services We Offer
- Eligibility Check
- Tailored guidance on how to meet specific requirements
- Document check
- Review of Application Forms
- Assistance with booking appointments
- Same Day Visa Representation
Visa and ILR Application Premium Service
If you don't want to wait months for your immigration application to be processed in the UK, we can assist you in getting it processed at the Home Office Premium Service Centre. We can have you booked in for an appointment in a matter of weeks and you will get your visa approved same day. No more stressful waiting! Our experienced representatives will attend with you to ensure a smooth application.