Skip to content

Fiancé Visa

Bring your partner to the UK to get married

The Fiance Visa for the UK allows a person to bring their fiancé to join them in the UK to get married as long as they themselves have settled status as a permanent resident.

Settled status means that they are living here lawfully with no time limit on their stay. If you are returning to the United Kingdom to settle, your partner can also apply for a UK fiancé visa to join you at the same time.

Our immigration consultants can assist at all stages of a Fiance Visa UK application


Getting a Fiance visa for the UK grants your partner leave to enter in order to marry. Unlike other spouse immigration routes such as marriage visas, Civil-partner visa, Fiance visas do not require applicants to provide evidence that a relationship has already been in existence for a given number of years


Fiance visas are issued for a period of six months and are awarded solely for the purpose of travelling to Britain in order to get married. Only after marriage may the applicant apply to stay in the country beyond the six-month period, at which time a 2.5 year UK visa extension may be issued called a Marriage Visa or Further Leave to Remain (FLR). After another extension has passed the visa holder can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), often known as permanent residency in the UK, as long as the marriage continues to stand.

UK Fiance Visa – Eligibility Criteria


People who wish to apply for this class of visa service must be 18 years of age or over, and the partner with the settled status, or who is returning to Britain to live permanently, must be 18 years of age or over. It is likely this rule will be overturned in 2011 as it has been deemed an obstruction on the rights of people to get married and live as a married couple.


To qualify for a UK fiance visa, partners must fulfil the following requirements:

  • Plan to marry within six months
  • Meet the financial requirements as set out for the spouse visa i.e. earn £18,600 +
  • Plan to live together permanently after they are married
  • Have met each other
  • Have a place to reside for the applicant and any dependants to live until they are married without help from public funds.
  • The accommodation must be suitable and not create overcrowding
  • Be able to support any dependants receiving help from public funds

Additional Information

Only after an applicant’s fiance visa is changed over to a marriage visa are they able to start working and hold the same rights as their spouse who is present and settled in the United Kingdom. However, once a two year period has passed and they obtain their Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), applicants will then be able to work without restrictions on the type of work undertaken.

How We Can Help?

Here at WM Immigration we have experience in dealing with many different Immigration applications. Our expertise and professionalism will ensure you are given the correct immigration advice. We understand the stress of making your visa application and will endeavour to give you the best chance possible of success. Our company has an established reputation and will provide advice regarding of your location.

Services We Offer

  • Eligibility Check
  • Tailored guidance on how to meet specific requirements
  • Document check
  • Review of Application Forms
  • Assistance with booking appointments
  • Same Day Visa Representation

Visa and ILR Application Premium Service

If you don’t want to wait months for your immigration application to be processed in the UK, we can assist you in getting it processed at the Home Office Premium Service Centre. We can have you booked in for an appointment in a matter of weeks and you will get your visa approved same day. No more stressful waiting! Our experienced representatives will attend with you to ensure a smooth application.

UK Immigration Lawyers - Contact Us

Please select the most relevant inquiry type
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.