How to apply for ILR
Knowing how to apply for ILR is critical to everyone wanting to make the UK their home. ILR is the final stage in the immigration process. If you don’t know how to apply for ILR then you should consider seeking professional advice to ensure you are eligible. Here at WM Immigration we can discuss with you your immigration history and help you figure our what is required to get you through this last step.
Here are some useful tips to help you understand how to apply for ILR
- The application can be submitted in person through the Home Office Premium Service Centre same day service or by mail. The mail service takes usually 2-3 months whereas the same day service gets you an approval letter that day and your biometric card will arrive in the mail usually 1 week after the appointment.
- There are many factors that determine your eligibility. Many mistakes are made on not understanding how the rules apply to you. There has been many changes to the immigration rules over the past 5 years and you may not be sure which set of rules or transitional rules apply to you. Ensure you know which set of rules and criteria apply to you
- English language requirements are continually changing. After November 2015 everyone who is required to take a test has to sit it at one of the new Secure English Language Test providers. Old tests may be acceptable if used in a previous immigration application.
- Make sure you sit the Life in the UK test. This certificate is indefinite so you can sit it now if you want, helping you complete one of the many steps.
- Many people take advice from friends in how to apply for ILR. This is fine, but remember no two applications are the same as there are so many variable factors. By overlooking a key factor you could find yourself looking at a rejection instead of an approval. Don’t assume your application is similar to others and check how the rules apply to your case.
If you need professional help learning how to apply for ILR then contact WM Immigration to find out how we can help you obtain your ILR. We offer a document checking service to ensure all your application documents and paperwork are in order for those applying themselves.
Free Eligibility Assessment
We strongly encourage you to seek Immigration advice before submitting your application. Find out how we can help – Response within 24 hrs
Immigration Advice You Can Trust
How We Can Help?
Here at WM Immigration we have experience in dealing with many different Immigration applications. Our expertise and professionalism will ensure you are given the correct immigration advice. We understand the stress of making your visa application and will endeavour to give you the best chance possible of success. Our company has an established reputation and will provide advice regarding of your location.
Services We Offer
- Eligibility Check
- Tailored guidance on how to meet specific requirements
- Document check
- Review of Application Forms
- Assistance with booking appointments
- Same Day Visa Representation
Visa and ILR Application Premium Service
If you don't want to wait months for your immigration application to be processed in the UK, we can assist you in getting it processed at the Home Office Premium Service Centre. We can have you booked in for an appointment in a matter of weeks and you will get your visa approved same day. No more stressful waiting! Our experienced representatives will attend with you to ensure a smooth application.