Unmarried Partner Visa
Get Help Preparing and submitting your UK Partner Visa
We are registered and regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner in the UK to provide Immigration advice.
WM Immigration have over 10 years experience preparing, submitting and helping with UK Immigration and Visa Applications.
Not only are we regulated but we ensure a top class service for our clients with fast and efficient communications.
What is an unmarried Partner Visa?
It is a visa granted to those who have been cohabitating (living at he same address) for at least 2 years. The visa is granted for 2.5 years and can then be extended once more before being eligible for Indefinite leave to remain. Unmarried Partners of UK citizens or permanent residents (mainly those with indefinite leave to remain) may come to the UK under the Unmarried Partner Visa UK class, and are able to work as soon as the visa is granted.
You will need to meet the following Unmarried Partner Visa requirements:
The UK citizen or permanent resident must have actually met their non-UK partner. They will need to show they have cohabited for a period of 2 years together at the same address. The list of required documents can be confirmed to you by one of our consultants once they deem you eligible to apply for the Unmarried Partner Visa for the UK.
You must intend to live together permanently with your unmarried Partner in order to obtain the UK Visa.
You must possess sufficient funds to pay you and your Unmarried Partner’s living expenses and those of any dependants without claiming public funds. This is currently set at an annual salary of £18,600 and higher if children are applying for a visa to come with the parent. Public funds cover various benefits paid by the UK Government if you are currently looking for work or if you are on a low income.
Accommodation for the couple, and any dependants, must be suitable and available. It must not create overcrowding and you must have permission from the owner of the property for all your family to stay there.
In summary you require the following to be eligible for an unmarried partner visa:
- Cohabited for at least 2 years
- Sufficient funds – Normally at least £18,600 annual salary and in employment for at least 6 months
- English language test unless from a majority English speaking country
- Adequate accommodation – This can be a rental, property you bought or possibly with parents
Get Started Today
Don’t Let the Complexities of Your Visa Application Burden You Any Longer
We have seen all scenarios after submitting 1000s of unmarried partner visa applications. We will be able to guide you through the application from start to finish
Get Entry Clearance before coming to the UK as an unmarried partner
- Unmarried Partners seeking to come to the UK on the basis of a 2 year durable relationship to a UK Citizen should apply for entry clearance before entering the UK.
- If you have a visa valid for six months or less in the UK you cannot change status to an Unmarried Partner Visa. Usually persons on a Tourist/Visitor Visa don’t realise that they will have to leave the country and come back with the correct visa, in this case an Unmarried Partner Visa.
- After a total period of 5 years in the UK if you meet the residence requirements you may then apply for UK citizenship. If you are in a relationship with an unmarried partner and want to know how you can migrate to the UK to be with them then Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation
What we do for you?
- Unlimited email support for your application questions
- Provided with a tailored & comprehensive document list
- Upload your documents and we review these within 48 hours
- Advice on Specific Home Office requirements
- Suggestions on how to improve your application
- Guidance on completing the applications form and answering the questions
- Advice on submission location and procedures
How We Can Help?
Here at WM Immigration we have experience in dealing with many different Immigration applications. Our expertise and professionalism will ensure you are given the correct immigration advice. We understand the stress of making your visa application and will endeavour to give you the best chance possible of success. Our company has an established reputation and will provide advice regarding of your location.
Services We Offer
- Eligibility Check
- Tailored guidance and document list on how to meet specific requirements
- Document check
- Review of Application Forms
- Assistance with booking appointments
- Advice on how to book the 24 hour Super Priority appointments
Let’s Work Together
Address: 80-81 Ebrington Square,
London-Derry, BT47 6FA (by appointment only)
UK and international immigration representation and assistance regardless of your location